Entries are open now for individuals and families....for both 'walkers' and 'runners' starts.
The primary aim is to remind people how beautiful Pooley Bridge and Ullswater is, and how it has suffered following the loss of it's famous bridge. Come and enjoy and good run or walk, see the new bridge under construction and support the pubs and shops of Pooley Bridge. The event has the support of the Parish Council, The Daffodil Festival and the Ullswater Association.
|Hallin Fell is the small dark fell in the centre of the photo....|
- The route runs from Pooley Bridge to Hallin Fell, via The Cockpit and Martindale Church, and then back the same way. It is easy to follow.
- The route is a mixture of good trails, and paths, some wet under foot, a little bit of tarmac lane and the open slopes of Hallin Fell, but still on a reasonably good path. The route returns exactly the same way.
- The route will be simply sign-posted, with event marshals at key points, but is very easy to follow. It will be very easy to 'navigate' - no special skills needed. There will be two drinks stations that you will pass twice each.
- This is an event for everyone, whatever your speed or competitive edge.
- The event is open to all abilities, with walkers setting off between 9:00 and 10:30am, then runners at 11.00am.
|Heading from The Cockpit towards Howtown|
- You can run the full distance (12 miles) in the main start at 11:00am, or set off earlier and do a shorter distance turning around at one of three manned safety points.
- The entry fee is £20 per person, for runners and walkers.
- A Family ticket of £30 for an adult and up to three children is available for the 'walkers' start. Or, two adults and two children if both parents which to walk / slow run.
- Runners aged 14-18 can run in the Runners start if accompanied by an adult.
|The Parish and Ullswater Association support the 'Daffy Run'|
More details will be added very soon, but you can enter now via https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=2636
I'll be adding to this blog, with more photos and details over the coming week or so. We welcome offers of help from anyone who wishes to get involved, whether with race entries in the hall, out on the route, or helping at the finish....
Our Daffodil Run facebook page will also contain more information and advice.
Meanwhile, please contact me if you wish to help or have any concerns about the event.
Many thanks - Joe Faulkner
01768 864 909 (Stainton) 07749 364 249 email - firstname.lastname@example.org